Back to San Francisco Photos - Main Page
Richardson Bay Audubon - Nature Trail
The wildlife refuge at Richardson Bay Audubon in Tiburon is also a human refuge -- a quiet sanctuary of eleven acres, just barely removed from the main thoroughfare of Tiburon Boulevard. The terrain at Richardson Bay ranges from bay and beach, to forested trails, redwood and eucalyptus growth as well as grasslands.
The nature trail is an easy to moderate loop from the main entrance of Richardson Bay Audubon, along the bay, into the forest, and back to the starting point.
Nature Trail Details:
- Difficulty: Easy to moderate (some hills and stairs)
- Terrain: Bay, beach, forest, and grasslands
- Check website or phone for hours and updates
Getting to Richardson Bay Audubon
Richardson Bay Audubon
376 Greenwood Beach Road
Tiburon, CA 94920
Telephone: (415) 388-2524
Richardson Bay Audubon Website
Driving from San Francisco:
- Take US 101 across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Take the CA-131 Tiburon Blvd exit
- Turn right on CA-131/Tiburon Blvd - Go one mile
- Turn right on Greenwood Cove Drive then veer left to stay on Greenwood Cove
- Richardson Bay Audubon entrance will be on the right - Park off the road, near the entrance
See a Bay Area weather map with tide information.