Point Isabel Dog Park
See previous page for directions to Mudpuppy's and Point Isabel
Point Isabel and Mudpuppy's are a dog owner's heaven -- matching San Francisco's Fort Funston as a dog park that just happens to also have a spectacular view.
The weekend influx of dogs at any local dog park makes for a rambunctious scene during popular hours. The off-leash area is huge, with stipulations that dogs be kept out of the marshes and wildlife areas of the park.
East Bay Parks Department outlines these rules for off-leash dogs at Point Isabel:
- Owners must carry a leash (six-foot maximum)
- Dogs must be kept under voice and sight control at all times
- Dog feces must be scooped and deposited in marked containers
- Any animal showing aggression toward people or other animals must be leashed immediately
- Owners must keep dogs out of protected natural resource areas, and prevent them from digging or damaging park resources
Mudpuppy's Tub & Scrub and Sit & Stay Cafe
Mudpuppy's opens at 9am on weekends and at 10am on weekdays*. They offer a self-service dog wash or full-service options which vary in price, depending on the size of your dog. At the time of this publishing, full-wash rates ranged from $20 to $35, self-service $11, and nail trims and blow dries were at $5.
For humans, the Mudpuppy's concession (with outdoor patio seating) has a full coffee and tea menu, as well as light dining fare. The shop has various dog toys and treats.
* Hours can change without notice and Mudpuppy's may close for certain holidays or occasions. Please check the Mudpuppy's website in advance of your visit.
See next pages for additional photos of Point Isabel