Attractions Beyond San Francisco
By Barbara Koh, About.com Guide to San Francisco
Information on attractions in the Bay Area, including parks, hikes, visitor information, and photos of destinations outside of San Francisco.
- Marin County Attractions
- San Mateo County Attractions
- Santa Clara County Attractions
- Northern California Travel - Farther Afield
Bay Area Facts & Features
Recent interviews, profiles, and historical information about San Francisco and the Bay Area.
- 71 Miles - Northern California Travel Guide
- Check Bay Area Weather
- Bay Area Attractions for Kids
- Bay Area Water Saving Tips
- Bay Area Outlet Malls
- History: The Living New Deal Project
- History: Bloody Thursday 1934
- Bay Area People (Interviews & Profiles)
Bay Area Nature & Wildlife
Natural destinations and wildlife photos from around the Bay Area. See individual regions (below) for parks and hikes in those areas.
- Free Nature Walks - San Francisco Bay Area
- Winter Bird Watching on San Francisco Bay
- Bay Area Shorebirds (photos)
- California Bird Species (photos)
- Bay Area Beekeeping
Attractions, parks and destinations in Berkeley, California -- in the East Bay.
- Find Berkeley Hotels
- Riding BART
- Downtown Berkeley Map
- Best Berkeley Lunch Spots
- 4th Street District (photos)
- Wildcat Peak Hike - Tilden Park (photos)
- Jewel Lake - Tilden Park (photos)
- Little Farm - Tilden Park (photos)
- Tilden Park Map (w/attractions)
- Berkeley Kite Festival (july)
- Newts at UC Botanical Garden (winter)
- Art Car Fest/How Berkeley Can You Be? (september)
- More Berkeley Information (links)
Attractions, parks and destinations in Oakland, California -- just south of Berkeley in the East Bay.
- Find Oakland Flights & Hotels
- BART to/from Oakland International Airport
- Oakland Zoo (photos)
- Levende East Restaurant (profile)
More East Bay Attractions
Photos and profiles of parks and hikes in the East Bay -- across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco.
- USS Hornet Museum (Alameda)
- Albany Bulb (Albany/Berkeley)
- Hayward Shoreline (Hayward)
- Don Edwards San Francisco Bay Refuge (Hayward)
- Tarantula Trek - Mt Diablo (October)
Marin County Attractions
Information on attractions and parks in Marin County, just north of San Francisco across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Map of Marin Headlands (with Landmarks)
- Miwok & Wolf Ridge Trails (photos)
- Cavallo Point - the Lodge at Fort Baker (photos)
- Fort Baker (Sausalito)
- Richardson Bay Audubon (Tiburon)
- Las Gallinas Salt Marsh (San Rafael)
- Marin County Destinations (links)
San Mateo County Attractions
Attractions in San Mateo County, just south of San Francisco on the Peninsula.
Santa Clara County Attractions
Attractions in Santa Clara County, south of San Mateo County on the Peninsula.
Northern California Travel - Farther Afield
Links to information about day trips and longer journeys from the San Francisco Bay Area. Drive just hours in any direction to discover towns and realms worlds apart from San Francisco.
- 71 Miles - Bay Area Travel Guide
- Napa County (Links)
- Sonoma County (Links)
- Calaveras County (links)
- Lake Tahoe (Links)